Spacemacs provides highly productive tooling for any software development, supporting numerous programming languages and tool configuration syntax (Dockerfile, Makefile, Yaml, etc)
Spacemacs takes the raw power of Emacs and adds years of experience from the community.
Spacemacs uses Vim-style modal editing, providing simple use and learn key bindings for common tasks, dramatically enhancing productivity and fun.
Spacemacs is fast to startup and lightweight thanks to its lazy loading of features. So it only loads in those features you need.
The rest of this section goes into more details as to why you would choose Spacemacs for your developer life, including:
- simple configuration using layers removing the need to configure individual packages
- Clojure layer provides CIDER and clj-kondo support
- Consistently discoverable commands with mnemonic menu
- narrowing & completion to quickly find files and commands
- Effective editing with multiple states
- Structural editing with Smartparens and Lisp mode
- Fast project & file management with Projectile, simple window & buffer management
Last update: February 23, 2023