Clojure - an elegant language for a more civilised development experience
Quote: Adrian Cockcroft. Cloud Architect, Netflix
"A lot of the best programmers and the most productive programmers I know are writing everything in Clojure and swearing by it, and then just producing ridiculously sophisticated things in a very short time. And that programmer productivity matters." Adrian Cockcroft - Battery ventures, formally Cloud Architect, Netflix
Clojure REPL Driven Development
Clojure runs in a REPL process that provides instant feedback as code is written, encouraging experimentation and allowing effective designs to evolve rapidly and with confidence that comes with a clear understanding.
The REPL is the Clojure interactive environment used to create an run Clojure code, in both development and production. Quickly grow confidence with Clojure by evaluating, breaking, fixing and extending code in the REPL. All the while getting instant feedback on what the code is doing.
About the book
As we work through code we will discuss the concepts behind Clojure, including functional programming, "pure" functions and a stateless approach with persistent data structures, changing state safely, Java interoperability and tooling around Clojure.
- practicalli/clojure-deps-edn - Clojure tools and common aliases
- Practicalli Spacemacs and practicalli/spacemacs.d for Vim style editing in Emacs for Clojure.
- Practicalli YouTube channel - 100+ hours of Clojure related videos
- Practicalli website books and videos to support your journey into Clojure
- Practicalli Graphic design - Creative Commons Attribution
Discussions and feedback
Contributions are welcome via GitHub issues and pull requests, or discuss the book on the Clojurians Slack community.