Code for this solution on GitHub
practicalli/exercism-clojure-guides contains the design journal and solution to this exercise and many others.
Create the projectλ︎
Download the RNA transcription exercise using the exercism CLI tool
Use the REPL workflow to explore solutions locally
Given an age in seconds, calculate how old someone would be on:
- Earth: orbital period 365.25 Earth days, or 31557600 seconds
- Mercury: orbital period 0.2408467 Earth years
- Venus: orbital period 0.61519726 Earth years
- Mars: orbital period 1.8808158 Earth years
- Jupiter: orbital period 11.862615 Earth years
- Saturn: orbital period 29.447498 Earth years
- Uranus: orbital period 84.016846 Earth years
- Neptune: orbital period 164.79132 Earth years
So if you were told someone were 1,000,000,000 seconds old, you should be able to say that they're 31.69 Earth-years old.